It’s summer…YAY!!! It’s hot….sometimes YAY!! We’re BUSY….not so much YAY!! All of these are reasons we need a healthy, quick meal option! My favorite 2 minute meal is a vegan meal replacement shake with greens. Tune in to the video below to see how I make my favorite shake, why it is good for us and why it’s better than having a plain fruit smoothie!!
- While plain fruit smoothies are good for their antioxidants and fiber they spike your blood sugars too fast, which later leads to decreased energy, cravings for more sugar and weight retention/fat storage.
- A healthy smoothie should have a good balance of proteins, low-glycemic carbohydrates and fats.
- Sneak in your veggies by adding a handful of greens.
- Add in a powdered probiotic to keep your gut healthy! After all it is responsible for 80% of your immune system!!
Recipe for the Cinnamon Roll Flavored shake featured in the video:
- 3 Scoops USANA Vegan Meal Replacement Powder
- 1 Cup Protein Plus Flaxseed Milk
- 1/2 Frozen Banana
- 1 Large Handful Costco Super Greens
- 1 Tblsp Cinnamon
- 1 Packet USANA Probiotic
- 1 Handful of Ice Cubes
Contact Me HERE for a 10% discount on all of the featured USANA products! And remember that if you liked this post be sure to subscribe to my newsletter to get the most recent updates on when I post new, helpful content for YOU!!
xoxo Paige Hilken