It’s late at night after dinner and you are ravenous for some chocolate. Your contemplating in your mind what you could eat to satisfy the craving. You want to stuff your face but you can’t because your supposed to be eating healthy! AHHH what to do, what to do!!
Que the light bulb moment….brownies…healthy brownies….healthy warm, creamy brownies.
These treats are gluten free, oil free, dairy free and sugar free and no they don’t taste like cardboard. They actually taste very similar to a real brownie! So here we go:
Healthy Creamy Chocolate Brownies
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup pure cocoa powder
- 6-7 deglet dates (or 3 medjool)
- 1 large very ripe banana (about 1 cup sliced)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In bowl mix together all of the dry ingredient
- In a blender or food processor blend the dates and banana until smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix until a dough forms.
- Transfer batter into a small non-stick baking pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Drizzle with melted dark chocolate if you desire.
- Enjoy with some dairy free coconut ice cream.