Who else here dreams of chocolate and peppermint? What about the two combined together? Can you say A-M-A-Z-I-N-G ?
In the spirit of St. Patricks Day I made a super healthy low-glycemic, gluten free chocolate mint shamrock smoothie and it rocked my socks. This recipe is definitely going to become part of my daily arsenal of shakes!
So lets begin with the recipe and then we will go over the benefits of this shake because you better believe it’s packed full of nutrients and is a weight loss machine!
Creamy Mint Chocolate Shake
- 1 Cup Nut or Seed Milk (almond milk, flax seed milk, etc.)
- 3 Scoops Chocolate Meal Replacement Mix
- 2 drops doTerra peppermint essential oil
- 1 HUGE handful of spinach
- 1 big handful of ice cubes
- top with cocoa nibs or carob chips
And now for the benefits of this tasty shake. You won’t believe how incredible this shake is for your health!!!!
- The chocolate meal replacement shake that I use is made with low glycemic sugars and carbohydrates to create a healthy well balanced meal that also helps balance your blood sugar levels. Why is that important you may ask? Balanced blood sugars are the key to more energy, less cravings and weight loss. The shake mix also has a lot of extra antioxidants and minerals to feed your body at a cellular level.
- Peppermint Oil: I used peppermint essential oil to get the mint flavoring in this shake. Just two drops but these two little drops pack a big punch. Peppermint essential oil is known to sooth digestion, clear the mind and can actually help you lose weight (along with a healthy diet and exercise of course!!). It is found to be more effective than any other scent in creating serotonin in the brain that is linked with cravings for sweets.
- Spinach: Dark leafy greens like spinach are important for skin and hair, bone health, and provide protein, iron, vitamins and minerals.
And there you have it! A delicious shake that leaves you feeling completely guilt free. Not only can you feel guilt free but you can drink this shake knowing it is actually going to get you one step closer to your health goals. I can’t wait to hear how much you love it!!
The Wellness Paige