My beautiful sister shared this lovely recipe and I JUST CANT GET ENOUGH!!!! If you know me you know I’m always looking for simple and healthy and these fit the criteria quite nicely! Today I bring to you homemade Lara Bars. If you don’t know what Lara Bars are then feel free to google them or just make the bars knowing you are making yourself a healthy treat.
Did I consume the whole batch by myself in two days? Yes. Yes I did. Am I ashamed? No. No I am not! They are just that good!!
If you are a mom your kids will love them too!! Feel free to spice them up with fun ingredients to make whatever flavor of Lara Bar you would like!
Check out my video showing you how to make these delicious snack (or dessert) bars:
Takeaways from video:
- Dates are great for digestive health. They keep things moving through your system because they are packed with fiber.
- Cashews are extremely high in copper, which is an essential nutrient for antioxidant absorption and fighting against free radicals.
- These bars are seriously the easiest, healthy bars you can possibly make!
Recipe for Homemade Lara Bars:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup cashews (or almonds)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 9 pitted medjool dates
- 1/4 cup + 1 T water
- In the food processor grind up the oats and nuts.
- Then add in the rest of the ingredients until a dough starts to form.
- Roll into balls on wax paper and flatten with palm to make bars.
- Refrigerate until the bars are hard and ready to serve.
- Feel free to add other ingredients like dried fruit, chocolate chips, seeds, etc.
If you liked this recipe be sure to subscribe to my newsletter at the bottom of this post to get more free tips just like this!
xoxo The Wellness Paige